Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2016

3D Class Week 16 Creating An Environment Part 04 (Vegetation)

For our final week working on the environment project, our assignment was to add vegetation

I first found three different images of vegetation to use and masked them out in photoshop. Then I took them to maya where I applied them as textures to planes, vertex painted them, and refined their shape


Then I brought them into UE4, created a material and material instances for them which included wind movement, and painted them on the terrain



I also went back and reworked some things for the level on top of the foliage. Other than redoing the colors of the sky, rocks, and sand texture, I also redid the textures for my sun and clouds to reflect a more realistic theme


I also went into World Machine and created a procedural landmass to put in the background of my scene


I baked the hi and low res meshes and textured it in Substance Painter before importing it into UE4


Finally, I removed the brick texture path and instead added a rock path made of geometry instead of texture

And here is the final environment





1 comment:

  1. Work on the grass cards so they don't just look like flat cards. Still have a style mismatch on the rock path and the sky.

    ReplyDelete