Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

2D Class Week 02 Basics of Drawing Shapes



For this assignment, I started by posing two mannequins in ZBrush and taking a screenshot as a reference for my drawing.



Then I recreated the image as a drawing within Photoshop. The brushes I used were mainly Nick's "Pencil Wet" for laying down the base colors, then "Airbrush Soft Round 50% flow" for blending.

I started with the basic outline of the mannequins


Next I colored the image by filling the outlines with a medium tone base color and then adding shadows


Then I added highlights and smoothed out the rough colors with the Airbrush


After some final touches, this is the finished image:



1 comment:

  1. I really like the pose and the shading on this. I just want some contact shadows for the floor! :)

    ReplyDelete