This week we continued with our environment project, now focusing on final meshes and creating textures.
Before I began any work, I decided to return to step 1 and change my idea for an environment. As it was, I wasn't excited about my last concept and I was having a hard time coming up with ideas for how to make it special. So instead of the "land of sweets" concept, I decided to go for a "super cute bakery". So we haven't ditched the sweets entirely, but I felt like there was more I could do and make an overall better piece with this idea.
So, I went back to the proxy stage to concept out my designs.
Then I added proxy first pass colors
After that I went into making high res versions of the models and some redesigning of the layout happened along the way.
This is my final environment in Unreal without textures
Then I made proxy textures and added materials to bring the environment to life