Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

2D Class Week 07 Basic Lighting


This week, we had to take a photograph of an object that utilizes a three point lighting setup and recreate it as a drawing in Photoshop. For my object, I chose a toy Princess Peach.



My first step was to convert this image to black and white whithin Photoshop to more easily see the black and white values.


Then I made a quick sketch to get the basic shapes down before making a clean lineart layer.

Then I put down my base colors.

Then I added shading and highlights.

Once the object was finished, I moved on to making a background and a cast shadow.

Finally I cleaned up the image and added some finishing touches.

After that, I went ahead and added some colors on top as a layer set to Color.

Total work time: about 6 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment