Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

3D Class Week 10 Creating A Medium Complexity Character Part 01 GameRes Model and UV's

This week we began a project that will continue for the next few weeks. Instead of the low complexity of the fish we had to model last time, this time we had to model an existing design of a medium complexity character.

I followed the tutorials for modeling the character and creating the UVs. Here is my version:





After that, we had to create accessories for our character. As I am want to do whenever given even the slightest chance, I of course had to take this opportunity to make the starfish guy super cute. I awakened the pretty, pretty starfish girl that was lying just below the surface. Honestly, I'm sure if she could speak, she'd thank me for helping her shine like she was meant to.

On my model, I add a two-tiered skirt with an elastic waistband and a giant bow.



Total work time: 8 hours


1 comment: