Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

3D Class Week 07 Bake Maps and Digital Painting for a Prop

This week I got to try out Substance Painter for the first time. For our assignment, we had to continue with the cannon project by taking the model into Substance Painter and using the various tools to create a nice texture on it.

I decided I wanted to make my cannon look old and battered, so I started by looking up reference images of old cannons. I found images such as this:


and this:


And here is my model:





I tried to replicate things such as the rust, mold, dirt along the bottom, and verdigris dripping down from the top.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice results! I would like to see if you go back to your texture sets and set them to 4096 how the results would look. Looks really good now but you have a lot of really cool texture that you added to this! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete